Anita Shirley - 1 Aug 2019
Windows play a major role in controlling the temperature within a home. During winter it is easy to lose heat, and in summer it is easy to overheat a home if windows are not appropriately covered. Professionally fitted, lined drapery can reduce window heat loss by 40-60% when closed. Working all year round, lined drapery is an important tool in creating a thermal insulation barrier.
There are many advantages to drapery lining:
1. Creation of a thermal insulation layer.
2. Protects soft furnishings from sun damage.
3. Resistance to dust and mildew.
4. Creates a dark room environment
5. Prolongs the appearance and life of your drapes as lining helps protect the fabric from harmful UV rays.
6. Improves drapability.
7. Stronger acoustic properties with more layers.
8. In a hot climate, lining helps to reduce heat transfer into the room.
Terms and conditions: