As at 1st October 2021
Harrisons at Home Limited (Harrisons, we, us or our) collects certain information about you when you use our website harrisons.nz or social media pages (each a “website”), visit us in store or deal with us over the telephone or email. We use this information to provide services to you.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and are bound by the Privacy Act 2020 and the New Zealand Privacy Principles.
- how and why we collect personal information;
- how that personal information is stored and used;
- how you can access and correct that personal information; and
- when we might disclose your personal information to other people.
Personal information is identifiable information about you, examples of personal information that we may collect are as follows:
- your name, phone number, delivery/installation address and email address;
- your title, company name and office address;
- payment method and any card payment details;
- social media handles;
- transaction details (e.g. the products ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged);
- your marketing preferences;
- copies of any identification documentation provided to us (e.g. drivers license);
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser your computer is using;
- any communication you have with us (either directly, by phone or email); and
- any other information you submit to us.
Collection of personal information
When you visit our website, social media channels, other web platforms and applications or use our services, we collect personal information from you. The following are the different ways that we collect this personal information:
Directly: We might ask you to provide personal information to us. For example when you:
- book a consultation, installation or purchase products through the website;
- participate in any offers, marketing activities and/or promotional activities;
- provide feedback to us through our website, via email, through our social media channels, other web platforms and applications, telephone and in person;
- browse the website generally; or
- upload anything to our website or use our services.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information if you do not want to. Although, if you choose not to you may be unable to use some parts or all of our website and/or services.
Automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our website and/or use our services. This information includes your IP address, device type, what pages you are visiting on our website and any links you click on while using our website. This information is used to gain a better understanding of how people are using our website and how we can better this experience for our customers.
From third parties: In addition to the information we collect directly from you, we may collect personal information from third parties. These include credit referral agencies, the customer’s bank (past and present), any other suppliers of products and services to the customer and other persons or companies with whom the customer has been associated. This information is used to supplement the personal information we already hold about you, in order to personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal information you have already provided to us.
Social Media: If you engage with us via any of our social media channels, web platforms, or applications, we may collect the personal information associated with your social media account in order to personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal information you have already provided to us.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in connection with the provision of our services to you. For example:
- To fulfil your order, deliver our products to you and facilitate payment.
- To provide you with consultations, products and services you request.
- To improve, enhance, update and maintain our website and services to optimise your experience and offer you a personalised experience.
- To communicate with you in relation to any changes to the website and services or assistance with using our website or services.
- To market or promote our services to you, including contacting you electronically (for example by email or online messaging platform) or through targeted advertising online (for example through our own website or third party websites).
- To undertake any credit checks of you that may be necessary.
- For our accounting purposes, including authorising and processing credit or debit card transactions.
- To respond to communications from you including any assistance you have requested from us in relation to your use of the website or the services.
- To allow third parties with whom we have a business relationship to provide you with information about products, services and other opportunities that they think might be of interest to you.
- To co-operate with any government, industry, legislative or regulatory authorities.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For any other purpose authorised by you, the Privacy Act 2020 and any other relevant legislation.
You may request that we stop sending marketing messages at any time, by contacting us at harrisons.nz or 0800 103 002, or PO Box 33858, Takapuna, Auckland 0740.
Disclosure of your personal information
- To third party service providers who assist us with our use of your personal information. This includes providers who support our delivery of the website and/or services to you, credit referral agencies, business advisers or providers who assist us with marketing or promoting our services to you.
- Where we are required by the Privacy Act 2020 or any other applicable laws or regulations to do so or to defend our legal rights. Where possible, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- When we have your express consent to do so.
- We may disclose aggregate shopper statistics to any party, provided that these statistics do not contain any identifiable information about a customer and their individual shopping habits.
Your personal information may be processed in countries other than the country you live in (for example, Australia). Although these countries may have different privacy laws, we ensure that your personal information remains protected to the same standard it would if it was being held in New Zealand.
Your personal information will only be transferred or disclosed to third parties or countries that have appropriate privacy laws and regulations in place and provide sufficient protection for your information where we are confident that your personal information will be protected. To ensure that these third parties will protect your personal information we may require them to enter into a contract enforcing contractual clauses relating to New Zealand privacy laws.
Protection and storage of information
We have processes and policies in place to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access. We have security measures in place to ensure that New Zealand information handling and storage standards are adhered to.
The personal information that we collect from you is stored digitally in the form of cloud storage. This information may be accessed by our employees, franchisees or agents and we ensure that access to this information is restricted. We have appropriate systems in place to protect against unauthorised access, copying or disclosure of any personal information. We carry out ongoing reviews of the security measures in place to ensure that your information is securely held.
Retention of personal information
We will hold your personal information while you are using our services and for so long as we are legally entitled to do so. This length of time will depend on whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to comply with all applicable legal requirements).
Access to and updates to personal information
You have the following rights with respect to the personal information we hold on behalf of you:
- To request access to your personal information.
- To request a correction to your personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal information.
- To object to or request a restriction on the processing of your personal information.
- To withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
If you think that the information we hold is incorrect please contact us at harrisons.nz, or 0800 103 002, or PO Box 33858, Takapuna, Auckland 0740.
There are exemptions under the Privacy Act 2020 where access to your information may be denied. We will notify you if this is the case.
Third party links
Our website may contain links to other third party websites and these third party websites may have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility and we will have no liability for the content and activity of these linked sites.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
Any privacy concerns you may have can be resolved quickly by contacting the Harrisons Privacy Officer at harrisons.nz or 0800 103 002, or PO Box 33858, Takapuna, Auckland 0740.
If you feel as if we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you can get in touch with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand.