- 2 Aug 2019
When it comes to heating (and cooling) our homes, we’re pretty quick to turn to electronic appliances to do the job. But without the right window treatments, you could be spending more on power than you need to. Around 25% of the warmth you create inside your home could be escaping out your windows. And during the height of summer your home can turn into a hot house!
Key things to remember when buying new window treatments:
1. If you are looking at curtains for your living, dining and bedrooms it’s important toconsider the lining. The triple weave is mildew resistant and provides up to 70% light block out, while the thermal 3 pass coated blocking offers the same insulation properties but is 100% light block out – perfect for those who don’t work a typical 9-5pm job.
2. Check for gaps around the window frames and openings. Stopping those pesky drafts, no matter how small can add up.
3. With blinds and curtains length and width is key, which is why custom designs are often the best choice.
4. If you’re after blinds, then the honeycomb option ticks all the boxes with thermal insulation, featuring a pleated air pocket design – similar to the way double glazing works.
5. For high moisture areas such as bathrooms and laundry, PVC Venetians or roller blinds are the ideal choice due to their resilience against water & steam. Mildew that may form on the product over time can be easily cleaned off.
Curtains and blinds aren’t just about making your home look good it’s maximising their function as well. Book a free in-home consultation with one of our nationwide experts and get it right the first time.
Terms and conditions: